Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Monday Development ride 15 April 2024

Page 1 of 3Next

Monday development rides commence! The ride will begin from the usual meeting point at Fairways, heading out to Dores then up a short climb (Macbain, Dores hill) and returning by Essich or Inverarnie. As it’s the first Monday ride of the season, there are various route options that will (hopefully) suit everyone from around 15 miles to 28 miles.

For new folk, the Fairways meeting point is the small roundabout set back from Slackbuie roundabout on the Inverness Southern Distributor road. It is on the section of Slackbuie Avenue furthest from the city centre. Other ways to find this location are to search for “Fairways Business Park” in Google Maps, ///stubborn.relate.wobbles in what3words, or look for the start point of the ride in the Strava route included below.

Please be at the meeting point by 18:20hrs at the latest for an 18:30hrs start. The routes can be viewed and downloaded for your bike computer here:

Short: https://www.strava.com/routes/3213446218090408454

Medium: https://www.strava.com/routes/3213446098303948034

Long: https://www.strava.com/routes/3213434036038138374

At this stage the forecast for Monday suggests some rain and wind (WNW) which is easing into the evening. As always, please keep an eye on the forecast and check the forum before attending in case of last-minute updates.

All those wishing to join the ride need to post below by 16:00 on Monday when the ride will be closed.

Please ensure that your bike is in a roadworthy condition and that you are carrying a spare inner tube, tyre levers and a method of inflation as a minimum.

Finally, please also note that we ask that everyone carries ICE (In Case of Emergency) details with them on our rides. An ICE card, or similar, should be carried in your seatbag or back pocket detailing the name and phone number that should be contacted if you are involved in an accident. The ICC Emergency Contact Details Card is available to be downloaded and printed out for this purpose. Please ask for details.

See you there, Jill

Simmo has reacted to this post.
Simmo

I’ll be there (unless the weather is rotten!)  Medium route would be my preference

Yes, medium route for me.

If there are lots of new starts, happy to lead a flatter out and back 🙂

****looks like I might have a late finish at work. If I’m not at the start, go without me****

Jills, PenStuart and Doug have reacted to this post.
JillsPenStuartDoug

Medium route for me please

haha given I haven’t been out for a good while I might have to challenge the description of Mcbain or Dores as a “short” climb – they sound like Everest just now!!   I’ll go Medium option in the hope that lots of new starts means I can buddy up with Fiona and have a slightly gentler re-introduction to the Road bike.

febarr and Doug have reacted to this post.
febarrDoug

Hi,  I might opt for the medium option, but could change if needed due to numbers.  Still recovering from being ill but need to get the legs turning again.  The distance will be fine, not sure about the climb though.

Jills and febarr have reacted to this post.
Jillsfebarr

See you there. Medium route for me.

Penny, I’m happy to do an out and back tomorrow with you since everyone else is for medium route.

I’d like to fire up the legs please and join folks for an easier option to start back.

Thanks

Doug

Jills has reacted to this post.
Jills

I will be there.

M

Jills has reacted to this post.
Jills
Page 1 of 3Next