Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Shocking service at Captains Table Findhorn

I feel I have to post regarding the shocking customer service received today at the Captains Cabin in Findhorn.

Seldom have I seen such poor customer service and awful manners exhibited by the general staff at a cafe/restaurant.

Whilst we may have been ordering at 11:27 and that may or may not have been outwith the general “Breakfast Menu” timetable is unclear ( no indication as to any cut-off was seen)

It was however the “manner” in which their customers were spoken to that was quite honestly extremely poor.

The assistant, having seen six club members queueing  to order for several minutes, and doubtless knowing what we would be likely to order stood looking at the till. An order for the first bacon and egg roll was made and the response……”We have DECIDED not to do any more breakfast menu!”

No apologetic prefixes, no offer of alternate options…..more a f**k off, still looking at the till.

One member enquired if we could order the Lunch Menu but was abruptly told that was not available until 12 o’clock.

Again no alternative accommodation, no helpful suggestion, non helpful silence and till gazing.

In the short time I spent at the counter, there must have been 10 people present to witness this shocking service.

In my career I have been a senior retail manager for some 14 years, but have seldom seen or received such dreadful service…..

I will certainly not be going back to thus place.

Just a thought, if their service was so belligerent and rude, it doesn’t  take too much thought to think what the standard of food preparation would likely entail. The general staff are clearly poorly trained ( if any..), rude, far from accommodating and clearly don’t give a s**t about their customers.

Strangely, I managed to get to Forres as I need to eat at certain times in the day, especially whilst exercising.

Thr service I received at the Northern Fish and Chip shop was excellent. Had a proper hot meal and late ( could have sat in but went to Forres historic Sunken Garden and enjoyed the sun and a good meal….£9……)

There were 3 other cafes on the high street with external tabling ( several cyclists at one is usually a positive indication) and I’m  sure they would be glad of our custom in future……

A review has been left on TripAdvisor.

The rest of us went around the corner to a different findhorn cafe. Much better service there!

GraemeJ has reacted to this post.
GraemeJ

Saw that one, but headed up to Forres as I had mentioned. Saw Mike’s group pass whilst having my lunch and waited some 30 mins…….but not sure how long you may have been.

Soft pedalled back along route and eventually reached Cawdor. An ice cream later, I thought I must have missed you all or an alternate route had been taken….

Back to Fairways by 2:45…….

Apologies to have missed you all, but I will not accept such rude bad mannered service. Better to leave than create an uncomfortable situation for others…..

G