Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Saturday – 6th April 2024

This Saturday’s club ride takes us into Moray with a cafe stop at Logie Steading, near Forres.

The route is approximately 61 miles with an elevation gain of around 3224 ft. The full route profile can be found using the link below. Please download this to your bike computer, if you have one.

https://www.strava.com/routes/3211040754597636756

For the safety of all riders, we operate a ‘no drop’ policy on our Saturday rides.

Please respond if you wish to attend and select your preferred pace group based on an average speed for the entire route distance. The group speeds are a rough guide and may vary up or down on the day depending on conditions. Please do not just turn up for a ride.

• Group 1: 26-29kph / 16-18mph
  • Group 2: 22-26kph / 14-16mph
  • Group 3: 21-24kph / 13-15mph

We will endeavour to accommodate your group selection, depending on numbers and the availability of ride leaders. If you want to challenge yourself, you can select a faster group than usual with the option of dropping down after the cafe stop.

The weather forecast for the weekend is mixed at best. The route has therefore been designed to offer a degree of shelter utilising quieter roads. As always, please monitor the forecast and come prepared for all eventualities.

Front and rear lights are recommended for increased visibility.

Please meet at Fairways roundabout, just off the Distributor road, at 0850hrs for a prompt 0900hrs departure. The ride will be closed at 1900hrs on Friday 5th April.

Thank you

Derek

https://www.strava.com/routes/3211040754597636756

Saturday Club Ride – 6th April 2024 | 61.6 mi Cycling Route on Strava

Any issues opening the Strava route, try either of these – the top one you will need to copy and paste.

Group two for me : )

Group 2/3 for me

Group for Jordan

See you there 😃

Yes from me. Thanks M

Yes from me – group 2ish

Ray

Yes please – provided it’s not chucking it down first thing. Group 3/2. Thank you.

Thanks Derek

Group 2 for me please

Jon

Yes please. See you in the morning.

Thanks Derek.