Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Saturday Club Ride – 10th August 2024

This Saturday’s club ride takes us to Nairn and a stop at Househill Cafe for refreshments.

The route is approximately 53 miles with an elevation gain of around 2500 ft. The full route profile can be found using the link below. Please download this to your bike computer, if you have one.

https://www.strava.com/routes/3256724978093862592

For the safety of all riders, we operate a ‘no drop’ policy on our Saturday rides.

Please respond if you wish to attend and select your preferred pace group based on an average speed for the entire route distance. The group speeds are a rough guide and may vary up or down on the day depending on conditions. Please do not just turn up for a ride.

• Group 1: 26-29kph / 16-18mph
  • Group 2: 22-26kph / 14-16mph
  • Group 3: 21-24kph / 13-15mph

We will endeavour to accommodate your group selection, depending on numbers and the availability of ride leaders. If you want to challenge yourself, you can select a faster group than usual with the option of dropping down after the cafe stop.

The weather forecast suggests a bright morning with a chance of rain later in the day.  As always, please monitor the forecast and come prepared for all eventualities.

Please meet at Fairways roundabout, just off the Distributor road, at 0850hrs for a prompt 0900hrs departure. The ride will be closed at 1900hrs on Friday 5th April.

Thank you

Derek

Carl has reacted to this post.
Carl

A sociable group two for me 👍

Yes

G1/2 depending on numbers

M

Group 2/3 for me please. Thank you.

Thanks Derek group 2/3.  Way back will take a shorter route as time restricted.

Kirsteen

I’ll join you, my longest ride in a while so may cut off with Kirsteen if I need to.

Helen

Yes

Let’s see if I can improve on my last attempt at a Saturday ride….

Group 3 or maybe even 2?

Might peel off at  battlefield or West hill junction on the return see how I am feeling.

Yes from me – group 2ish for me.

Ray

Group 2 please

Thanks

Alastair

Group Social please……

G