Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Saturday 3rd August – Club Road Away Day

Saturday’s club road ride is an Away Day in Moray starting from Forres.

The route is around 120km / 74 miles and follows an anti-clockwise loop, starting in Forres, through Craigellachie, Dufftown, Garmouth and Elgin. The main cafe stop is at The Sidings Café in the railway carriages at Dufftown railway station. There is also the possibility of a coffee/cake/ice cream at Harpers café in Elgin towards the end of the route.

We ask that folk pre-select groups, either 1, 2 or 3, based on an average speed. Please note that speeds are a rough guide and may indeed be slower or faster depending on conditions. We will endeavour to accommodate your group selection, dependent on rider numbers and availability of ride leaders. For the safety of all riders we operate a no-drop policy on Saturday rides.

Group 1 – 16-18mph / 26kph-29kph
Group 2 – 14-16mph / 22kph-26kph
Group 3 – 13-15mph / 21kph-24kph

The forecast for Saturday in Moray is currently warm with a chance of showers in the afternoon. Please check the forecast closer to the time and dress accordingly. Please also check the forum for updates on Friday and before attending in case of any changes.

Details of the route can be found below, please download to your bike computer if you have one:

Saturday 3rd August Away Day

All those wishing to join the ride need to post before 7pm on Friday evening when the ride will be closed, although it would be helpful if folk could sign up by 4pm if possible as I need to give approximate numbers to the café before they close.

The route for this Saturday starts and finishes in Forres, at Leask Road car park, just off the High Street. Other ways to find this location are ///mimed.jazz.threading in what3words, or by looking for the start point of the ride in the Strava route included below. Please be there at 08:50 for a 09:00 departure.

Riders should ensure their bikes are mechanically sound before attending a club ride and that the following minimum spares / tools are carried.

2x inner tubes
2x Co2 canisters (& dispenser) or appropriate hand pump
adhesive patches
Multi tool
Quick link (appropriate for your chain speed)
Tyre levers
Rear Light

Please also note that we ask people to carry ICE (In Case of Emergency) details with them on our rides. Please carry on ICE card or similar in your seatbag, or back pocket if you ride without one, detailing the name and phone number we should contact if you are involved in an accident.

Hope to see you Saturday,

Steve

Lets give it a go as I have a cycling pass.  Group 3 for me please

SteveB has reacted to this post.
SteveB

I hope to make it – bike is in the bike shop tomorrow to hopefully get sorted.  Will confirm either way tomorrow.  Group 3 please.

Looking forward to it,

Shanthi

SteveB

Thank you…Group 2/3 please.

SteveB

Yes from me. Relaxed group 2 😎

Ray

SteveB

I am up for the relaxed group two 👍

SteveB

unfortunately i need to order a new SRAM rival shifter which won’t be here until next week so won’t make the ride.

SteveB

Group 2 for me please

Thanks, Alastair

SteveB

Ride Now Closed

Nice group! See you all tomorrow.

Steve