Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Saturday 13th July – Club Road Ride

Saturday’s club road ride is to Tomich.

The route is around 69 miles/112km, with a cafe stop at The Coach House Cafe in Tomich. They are a small operation and I need to give them an update on numbers just before 4pm today, so if folk could sign up earlier rather than later then that would be helpful.

We ask that folk pre-select groups, either 1, 2 or 3, based on an average speed. Please note that speeds are a rough guide and may indeed be slower or faster depending on conditions. We will endeavour to accommodate your group selection, dependent on rider numbers and availability of ride leaders. For the safety of all riders we operate a no-drop policy on Saturday rides.

Group 1 – 16-18mph / 26kph-29kph
Group 2 – 14-16mph / 22kph-26kph
Group 3 – 13-15mph / 21kph-24kph

If you want to challenge yourself then you can select a faster group than your usual but with the option of dropping down after the coffee stop.

The route for this Saturday starts and finishes at Fairways. The forecast for Saturday currently suggests that it’s going to be mixed with a reasonable chance of showers. Please check the forecast closer to the time and dress accordingly. Please also check the forum for updates before attending in case of any changes due to the weather.

Details of the route can be found below, please download to your bike computer if you have one:

Saturday 13 July 2024

All those wishing to join the ride need to post before 7pm on Friday evening when the ride will be closed.

Please meet at Fairways roundabout, just off the distributor road, at 08:50 for a 09:00 departure.

Riders should ensure their bikes are mechanically sound before attending a club ride and that the following minimum spares / tools are carried.

2x inner tubes
2x Co2 canisters (& dispenser) or appropriate hand pump
adhesive patches
Multi tool
Quick link (appropriate for your chain speed)
Tyre levers
Rear Light

Please also note that we ask people to carry ICE (In Case of Emergency) details with them on our rides. Please carry on ICE card or similar in your seatbag, or back pocket if you ride without one, detailing the name and phone number we should contact if you are involved in an accident.

Hope to see you Saturday,

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I’m still recovering but count me in G2/3 please.

Cheers, G

Thanks Steve. Group 2, thanks.

I’m in 👍 likely group 2

Thanks Steve, group 2/3 please

Kirsteen

Group 2/3 please. Thank you.

Group 2 please.

Hi Steve,

Group 3/2 please…..

Many thanks

Graeme

Thanks Steve – please count me in.