Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Monday 26th August Development Ride

Page 1 of 2Next

Please note earlier start time and requirement for lights 🙂

Monday’s ride has one option. Heading to Dores, followed by a good climb up Dores Hill and then a technical descent past the MacBain memorial,  returning via Scaniport and Torbreck. The route is approximately 20 miles with 1272ft of climbing.

The ride will start from the usual Fairways roundabout meeting point. For new folk this is the small roundabout set back from Slackbuie roundabout on the Inverness Southern Distributor road (on the section of Slackbuie Avenue furthest from the city centre). Other ways to find this location are to search for “Fairways Business Park” in Google Maps, ///stubborn.relate.wobbles in what3words, or look for the start point in the Strava routes included below.

Please be at the meeting point by 18:05 at the latest for an 18:15 start. This earlier start is to ensure we have enough daylight to complete the ride should we be delayed out on the road for any reason.

Please also ensure that you bring charged front and rear lights as daylight fades fast at this time of year.

The route can be viewed and downloaded for your bike computer here:

Mon 260824 | 20.1 mi Cycling Route on Strava

At this stage the forecast for Monday suggests sunny intervals and light winds. As always, please keep an eye on the forecast and check the forum in case of last-minute updates.

All those wishing to join the ride need to post below by 16:00 on Monday when the ride will be closed.

Please ensure that your bike is roadworthy and that you are carrying a spare inner tube, tyre levers and a method of inflation as a minimum.

Finally, please also note that we ask that everyone carries ICE (In Case of Emergency) details with them on our rides. An ICE card, or similar, should be carried in your seatbag or back pocket detailing the name and phone number that should be contacted if you are involved in an accident. The ICC Emergency Contact Details Card is available to be downloaded and printed out for this purpose. Please ask for details.

See you there,

Chris

I’ll be there

ChrisDon has reacted to this post.
ChrisDon

Bike is back together again so I’ll be coming along 😁

ChrisDon

Daniel and I will be there

ChrisDon

I’m in

ChrisDon

Hoping to make it along

ChrisDon

Hi Chris, I’m in, thank you!

ChrisDon

Yup

ChrisDon
Quote from AllyM on 23 August 2024, 12:33

I’ll be there

I’m not going to be able to make it tonight unfortunately.

ChrisDon

I’ll be there (first ride with the club 🙂

ChrisDon
Page 1 of 2Next