Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Monday 22 July development ride

ICC Monday development ride – 22 July 2024

Monday’s ride will begin from the usual Fairways roundabout meeting point, with two route options. The longer route is an anticlockwise loop through Bunachton, Farr, Inverarnie, Craggie and Clava Cairns, returning past the battlefield – a total of 26 miles. The shorter route is broadly similar but goes straight to Inverarnie and finishes more directly via Nairnside – a total of 18 miles.

For any newcomers, the Fairways meeting point is the small roundabout set back from Slackbuie roundabout on the Inverness Southern Distributor road (on the section of Slackbuie Avenue furthest from the city centre). Other ways to find this location are by searching for “Fairways Business Park” in Google Maps, ///stubborn.relate.wobbles in what3words, or by looking for the start point in the Strava routes below.

The routes can be viewed and downloaded for your bike computer here:

Shorter route: https://www.strava.com/routes/3248693515747495940

Longer route: https://www.strava.com/routes/3248691828226904488

At this stage the forecast for Monday looks unsettled with a westerly wind and the possibility of showers. As always, please keep an eye on the forecast and check the forum in case of last-minute updates.

Please ensure that your bike is roadworthy and that you are carrying a spare inner tube, tyre levers and a method of inflation as a minimum.

To join the ride, please post below by 16:00 on Monday when the ride will be closed. Please be at the meeting point by 18:20 at the latest for an 18:30 start.

See you there,

Mark

I’m up for the longer route

MarkW has reacted to this post.
MarkW

Should be there.

Relaxed as to which route I do

M

MarkW

Planning to come along, thanks!

MarkW

Thanks Mark, I’ll be there, happy with either route.

Kirsteen

MarkW

Long route for me and Daniel please (he’ll get his membership sorted out before the ride).

Daisy

MarkW

Yes please.

MarkW

I’ll be there, don’t mind which route.

MarkW

Thanks everyone – see you all later.

Mark