Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

ICC Ben Wyvis Gravel: SUNDAY 21 July 2024

Page 1 of 2Next

Our monthly Saturday (now Sunday!) gravel ride on 21 July is the round Ben Wyvis route. All are welcome! Suitable for gravel, cyclocross and mountain bikes.

Meet at the Dingwall car park near to the Shop Mobility Offices in time for a 9.ooam start.  Start location here

https://maps.app.goo.gl/3QNYD4QW32bgYzx17

Planned route is linked below and is round Ben Wivis, approximately 42 Miles. The ride is well within everyone’s abilities on good tracks but once on the route there are limited options to cut short so please be prepared and bring sufficient clothing, food, water and spare tubes etc. The weather at time of writing is looking good but as always please monitor this post for any changes/ updates. The plan will be to stop for refreshments in Strathpeffer.

Here’s the planned route:

https://www.strava.com/routes/2991671516347269772

Please come prepared with appropriate kit, tools & spares, and post below if you are coming. Any questions let me know here or on the Gravel WhatsApp group.

Hope to see you Saturday!

Donald

Thanks Donald. I’ll be there.

Claire

See you there with sandwiches

Finally, I’m able to come along! See you on Saturday.

Sounds great! I’ll hopefully be there. See you then!

Donald is  it ok to bring prospective new member too  .my neighbour he is experienced cyclist in all genres.

I’ll be there, thanks!

Quote from Nigel Worsey on 17 July 2024, 16:51

Donald is  it ok to bring prospective new member too  .my neighbour he is experienced cyclist in all genres.

Sorry Nigel, just picking up on this. Not sure what the current official position is on this but historically Mondays were the rides for prospective members with other rides being for members. Given the nature of this ride it would be preferable that they were a signed up member which would cover the club, they could join today to be covered. It may be worth double checking this position with someone in the committee.

Donald

Nigel Worsey has reacted to this post.
Nigel Worsey

Folks, I am unable to make this ride as I am still suffering the after effects of Covid. James has kindly said he will lead.

On current forecast Saturdays weather is not looking good for Saturday so James is exploring the possibility of moving the ride to Sunday, this is wise because the route would not be a lot of fun in poor weather. Please keep an eye of this forum for any updates.

As agreed on the group chat, this ride is now on SUNDAY 21ST JULY – same meet point and 9am start, hopefully some better weather!

If any other members are keen please post below, you’re welcome to join us!

J

Page 1 of 2Next