Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

RIDE CLOSED ICC Club Ride Saturday 20 April 2024

Page 1 of 2Next

This Saturday’s club ride takes us to Crofters at Rosemarkie

Please meet at Fairways roundabout just off the distributor road at 0850hrs for a 0900hrs departure. The route finishes after the Kessock Bridge.

The route is approximately 51 miles/82km, with options to shorten or extend as desired. The full route profile can be found  HERE Please download this to your bike computer, if you have one.

Depending on numbers, the ride will be run in ability groups based on an average speed for the route distance and elevation. We ask that folk pre select groups, either 1,2, or 3 based on the speeds set out below. Please note that speeds are a rough guide and may indeed be slower or faster depending on conditions. We will endeavour to operate a ‘no drop policy’ for the safety of all riders and accommodate everyone dependant on numbers and available ride leaders.

Group 1 – 16-18mph / 26kph-29kph
Group 2 – 14-16mph / 22kph-26kph
Group 3 – 13-15mph / 21kph-24kph

If you want to challenge yourself then you can select a faster group than your usual but with the option of dropping down after the coffee stop.

The forecast for Saturday is looking reasonable but as always please come appropriately dressed and check the forum before attending for any last-minute updates.

Riders should ensure their bikes are mechanically sound before attending a club ride and that the following minimum spares / tools are carried.

2x inner tubes
2x Co2 canisters (& dispenser) or appropriate hand pump
adhesive patches
Multi tool
Quick link (appropriate for your chain speed)
Tyre levers
Rear Light

See you all on Saturday.

Mike G has reacted to this post.
Mike G

Group 2/3 please, depending on numbers. Thank you.

Yes. I will be there

M

Thanks Donald, Group 2/3 please

Kirsteen

Yep from me – group 2ish

Ray

Yes please- group 2/3 depending on numbers.

Thanks Donald!

Me and Katie for group 2/3 please 🙂

Yes, will come to cafe then cut off. TT x 2 on Sunday

See you there.
Group 1 or 2, whatever suits the numbers.

Thanks Donald

Group 2 for me please

Jon

Page 1 of 2Next