Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Evening Gravel Ride – Wednesday 3rd July

Evening Gravel Ride – Wednesday 3rd July

Meet at Culloden Battlefield in time for a sharp 18:45 departure (if everyone who has posted is there we’ll leave early). Start location is ///customers.decimals.alerting in What3Words in case anyone is unfamiliar. Note the slightly later start time to accommodate the extra time folk need to reach the meet point.

Parking is available for those driving to the start, though do ensure you park outside the main gate as it will be locked at some point in the evening. Can we also please ensure we congregate out of the way of vehicle movements in/out of the car park, either on the grass or just inside the gate.

Planned route is linked below but is very much a guide; the weather is looking changeable (though rain radar forecast does not look too bad, fingers crossed!) so we can shorten easily if the weather turns against us.

Nothing overly technical on the route and it’s one of the slightly flatter gravel routes, suitable for anyone with an off-road capable bike, MTBs/eMTBs also welcome.

https://www.strava.com/routes/3243150611607626986

Please come prepared with appropriate kit, tools & spares, lights may also be useful – whilst the plan is to be back before dark if there is an unexpected delay lights will be needed. They are also generally a good idea for visibility on the road sections of the route.

Please post below if you are coming. Any questions let me know.

Hope to see you there!

James

See you there!

JamesH has reacted to this post.
JamesH

Weather permitting, I’ll be there too.

JamesH

I’ll be there, and a friend of mine should be as well for his first ride with the club. He’s more gravel/XC/MTB than road.

JamesH