Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

** CANCELLED ** Evening Gravel Ride – Wednesday 29th May

Evening Gravel Ride – Wednesday 29th May

Meet at Fairways business park (usual place) for around 18:30.

With the volatile weather we’re having at the moment this ride may be subject to change/cancellation on Wednesday afternoon – please keep an eye on the forum/WhatsApp groups!

Given the likelihood of changeable weather, I’ve not plotted a set route – we can decide depending on conditions/general consensus, but likely to be a steady 15-20mi (no more), possibly out towards Dores as gives plenty of bail out options!

Please come prepared with appropriate kit, tools & spares and also ensure you have good lights – whilst the plan is to be back before dark if there is an unexpected delay lights will be needed. They are also generally a good idea for visibility on the road sections of the route.

Please post below if you are interested – even if it’s subject to weather!

James

If the weather gods permit, I’ll be there

Going to have to retract my positivity.  Between the current look out the window (that I’m going to have cycle home in) and feeling a bit under the weather, I’ll have to use my gravel pass a different week

I’m in, weather permitting.

Guys, I’m going to cancel tonight’s ride due to the weather – the rain is sporadic but it’s coming down like stair rods so likelihood is the tracks will be waterlogged, plus I’m not sure any of us like the idea of being caught in a torrential downpour!

Hopefully better luck next week!

J