Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Club fun 30 – Gravel (Sat 27th)

This is the first of a new type of Saturday ride we’re trialling for club members.  Club fun 30 is intended to be a short-ish gravel (30km) or road (30 miles) ride with the aim of it finishing by about 11.30/12.00.  The whole idea is to provide a fun, social ride on a Saturday, with an optional cafe stop at the end for anyone who wants one – think playing on your bike as a kid and having a laugh followed by cake!  It will start and finish at the coffee stop so start points will vary depending on the route and routes will vary between gravel and road (often gravel because there’s more variety closer to the city at the 30 distance).  This is particularly suited to club members who might be returning after injury or illness and need a no pressure entry back into it or for folk who just can’t commit to the longer Saturday rides but still want to have a quick blast.  E-bikes are entirely welcome but you should be an experienced cyclist with group riding knowledge – message me with any questions on that front.

The first ride is GRAVEL.

Meet at Inverness Botanics in time for a sharp 9:00 departure (if all who have posted are there we will leave early). Start location is ///elder.spends.yours in What3Words in case anyone is unfamiliar.

Parking is available at Inverness Leisure for those driving to the start, if you’re cycling and intend on staying for a coffee at the end please make sure you bring a lock for your bike.

Planned route is linked below but is very much a guide; we can amend on the fly depending on time/conditions/general consensus, with options to shorten (or lengthen!) if needed. Nothing overly technical, there’s some climby parts, would be suitable for anyone with an off-road capable bike!  All welcome, so long as your bike is suitable for off-road riding.

https://www.strava.com/routes/3200204486586977374

Please come prepared with appropriate kit, tools & spares.  The forecast is potentially showery so bring a jacket!

Please post below if you are coming. Any questions let me know.

Cheers

Pen

Hi Penny,

Thanks for posting, this distance is great for me so count me in. See you on Saturday.
Sally

PenStuart has reacted to this post.
PenStuart

I’ll be there Pen, I’m looking forward to it 👍

PenStuart

Planning to be there too Pen.

PenStuart

I’m deffo coming along. Thanks for posting.

PenStuart

I’m in, need a chilled spin after this week!

PenStuart

Yes please Pen.

Thanks, Fiona

PenStuart