Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Club 30 – Road (Saturday 5th October 2024

Hi All,

This week’s Club 30 is a ROAD ride around the Beauly firth.

Meet at the Botanic Gardens in time for a sharp 09:00 departure. Start location is ///with.colleague.purely in what3words for anyone new, or look for the start point of the ride in the Strava route included below. The café for after the ride is Café Botanics at the Botanic Gardens.

Parking is available for those driving to the start, if you’re cycling and intend on staying for a coffee at the end please make sure you bring a lock for your bike and ask one of the other riders to keep your lock in their car, during the ride – I will also bring a good lock in my car.

The route is 32.5 miles/52.3km and can be viewed and downloaded for your bike computer here:

Club 30 – Road (5th October 2024) | 32.5 mi Cycling Route on Strava

Please come prepared with appropriate kit, tools & spares – the weather is forecasting the possibility of light showers.

Please post below if you are coming, and any questions let me know. A summary of ‘what is’ Club 30 is below.

Cheers

Gary

Club 30 is intended to be a short gravel (30km) or road (30 miles) ride with the aim of it finishing by about 11.30/12.00.  The whole idea is to provide a fun, social ride on a Saturday, with an optional café stop at the end for anyone who wants one.  It will start and finish at the coffee stop so start points will vary depending on the route and routes will vary between gravel and road.  This is particularly suited to club members who might be returning after injury or illness and need a no pressure entry back into riding, or for folk who just can’t commit to the longer Saturday rides but still want to have a quick blast.  E-bikes are entirely welcome but you should be an experienced cyclist with group riding knowledge – message me with any questions on that front.

Yes please! 👍

GaryMacGowan has reacted to this post.
GaryMacGowan

I’ll be there.

D.

GaryMacGowan

See you there.

Chris

GaryMacGowan

I’ll be there

Kirsteen

GaryMacGowan

Hoping to come too, assuming I can remember how to ride a Road bike!

Thanks Gary

Pen

GaryMacGowan

Yes please and thank you Gary 👍

GaryMacGowan

Yes please, for me and Chris.  She has been off her bike for around a year, so just getting back to fitness. I think she’ll be happy staying at the back for her first couple of rides, whilst she gets her confidence, if that’s okay?

GaryMacGowan

I’ll be there!

Vivienne

GaryMacGowan