Forum

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Club 30 – Gravel (Sat 22nd June)

Club fun 30 is intended to be a short-ish gravel (30km) or road (30 miles) ride with the aim of it finishing by about 11.30/12.00.  The whole idea is to provide a fun, social ride on a Saturday, with an optional cafe stop at the end for anyone who wants one – think playing on your bike as a kid and having a laugh followed by cake!  It will start and finish at the coffee stop so start points will vary depending on the route and routes will vary between gravel and road (often gravel because there’s more variety closer to the city at the 30 distance).  This is particularly suited to club members who might be returning after injury or illness and need a no pressure entry back into it or for folk who just can’t commit to the longer Saturday rides but still want to have a quick blast.  E-bikes are entirely welcome but you should be an experienced cyclist with group riding knowledge – message me with any questions on that front.

This week’s ride is GRAVEL.

Meet at Jammy Piece Cafe (by Muirtown Lock) in time for a sharp 9:00 departure (if all who have posted are there we will leave early). Start location is ///shower.bumps.precautions in What3Words in case anyone is unfamiliar.

Parking is available for those driving to the start, if you’re cycling and intend on staying for a coffee at the end please make sure you bring a lock for your bike.

Planned route is linked below but is very much a guide; we can amend on the fly depending on time/conditions/general consensus, with options to shorten (or lengthen!) if needed.  Its quite a flat route this week, along the canal and river to Dores woods, nothing overly technical, would be suitable for anyone so long as your bike is suitable for off-road riding. There’s plenty of scope to add on a climb or two if there’s an appetite for it.

https://www.strava.com/routes/3238801280562766796

Please come prepared with appropriate kit, tools & spares.

Please post below if you are coming. Any questions let me know.

Cheers

Pen

Donald PK has reacted to this post.
Donald PK

I can’t do the longer ride so I’ll be there.

D.

PenStuart has reacted to this post.
PenStuart

I’m in!

J

PenStuart

I’m in, thanks Pen

PenStuart

Thanks Pen. See you at the Dores roundabout.

PenStuart

As discussed I will be there if I’m feeling ok.

PenStuart

Hoping I haven’t missed any cut off deadline, I’d like to come along….thanks folks 🙂 x

PenStuart